BOTANICAL BEVERAGE SERIES
- Explore creating botanical beverages with our indigenous Cape herbs.
- Meet the most important beverage herbs and learn how tastes, flavours and organoleptics can be used to assess their nature and quality.
- Learn about the traditional methods and modern techniques can be used to infuse, brew and ferment a variety of Cape herbal beverages.
- Beverages covered include herbal teas, and tea blends; herb-infused gins with different flavour profiles; Herbal bitters and amari; herbal meads, wines and beers; herbal kombuchas; herbal cordials, shrubs and switchels.
- Enjoy practicals covering the creating and tasting of herbal beverages; and the cultivating, harvesting, storing and blending of Cape herbs.
- On each workshop, take home loads of good ideas, two organically-grown Cape herbs for your indigenous garden, and a manual with the basic theory, recipes and herb profiles.
A HERBS FOR WELLBEING WORKSHOP
- Greater awareness of the nature and qualities of Cape herbs, and their role in nurturing wellbeing.
- A deeper valuing of traditional perspectives on Cape herbs and their usefulness.
- A better understanding of the primary chemical constituents of Cape herbs and their actions on the body and mind.
- A critical appreciation of the potential harms and benefits associated with the use of herbs, their cultivation, and commodification.
- Clarity on the current status of herbalists and herbal medicine, and the implications for personal use, trade and industry.
- The knowledge and skills required to cultivate and harvest Cape herbs ethically and sustainably.
- The knowledge, skills and recipes to create simple herbal first-aid remedies, beverages and foodstuffs for yourself, your family, and pets.
- A growing interest in creating with Cape herbs to nurture wellbeing.