an immersion in the scents and aromatic medicines of the Cape
Craig completed a Master’s Degree in Homeopathy at Technikon Natal in 1999, where he lectured and practised before moving to the UK in that year. He practiced in Central London and in Essex, and lectured a variety of homeopathic and medical subjects at homeopathic colleges. He furthered his studies by obtaining a postgraduate diploma from the Dynamis School for Advanced Homeopathic Studies and completed a PG Dip and MSc in Herbal Medicine at the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine and University of Wales, where he coordinated and taught on the Master’s program. Craig returned to South Africa in 2009 and is now practicing homeopathy and phytotherapy in Claremont, Cape Town. Craig is particularly interested in learning about and developing a personal relationship with South African medicinal plants and incorporating them into clinical practice.
- practice – Back2Health, 4 Harfield Road, Claremont
- phone – 021 671 4338
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
A HERBS FOR WELLBEING WORKSHOP
- Greater awareness of the nature and qualities of Cape herbs, and their role in nurturing wellbeing.
- A deeper valuing of traditional perspectives on Cape herbs and their usefulness.
- A better understanding of the primary chemical constituents of Cape herbs and their actions on the body and mind.
- A critical appreciation of the potential harms and benefits associated with the use of herbs, their cultivation, and commodification.
- Clarity on the current status of herbalists and herbal medicine, and the implications for personal use, trade and industry.
- The knowledge and skills required to cultivate and harvest Cape herbs ethically and sustainably.
- The knowledge, skills and recipes to create simple herbal first-aid remedies, beverages and foodstuffs for yourself, your family, and pets.
- A growing interest in creating with Cape herbs to nurture wellbeing.